Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby Overload

I don't know if it's because he's had a nanny change plus my being away after our intense week together in Portugal, but Kitan has become extremely clingy. Uncomfortably so. He's always wanting to be carried and when I'm sat down, he's on me. I can't leave the room he's in and if I'm with him, he won't go with anyone else, not even Daddy.

Tiny bits of this is cute... I feel all loved and wanted but now we've crossed the line and instead I'm feeling suffocated... and guilty for feeling suffocated.

The weekend was spent with friends and family - Saturday was with my pregnant friend who arrived a few weeks ago to have her baby (see post Friend in Deed), she just found out she was going to be having a son. She has 2 other boys. On Sunday, my sister and her family came round for lunch. Kitan was over the moon to have his beloved cousins visiting. He hadn't seen them since we all got back from Portugal.

I also spent the weekend seriously considering what impact another child will on me and the family. You see, I'd had a pregnancy scare. That's the best way to describe it. I'm usually never late, my cycle is the bog-standard 28 days. I not very careful with noting my dates but by last Thursday, I felt I should have had a period already but I did not have a clue when the last one was. Thank God for my blog (see post 12 weeks gone - almost halfway), I was able to calculate that I was 4 days late. Wow! That had never happened before. I sent text to my friend and she suggested I got a pregnancy test (duh!). The last time I bought one of those was Kitan's lifetime + 37 weeks ago - or thereabouts. Anyway, Friday morning, I popped into Sainsbury's on my way to work and picked one up. I did not have the chance to use it until nearer lunchtime but I had to put myself out of my misery. It was negative. I felt Phew! and Drats! - at the same time.

So why was my period late? My friend suggested the stress of the nanny issues (see post Bombshell) etc... sort of held it off. Possible I guess.

Anyway, 2 nights of passionate 'you know what' with hubby over the weekend meant my period arrived in full force on Sunday. So it was official, definitely not pregnant.

Still, it did make me seriously wonder what having another baby - another clingy Kitan - would be like. Mmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its funny... i used to want to name my (future) son kiitan... because thats the name of my favorite kid in sunday school. he used to be really clingy with me on sundays... and it used to get annoying...but now adays he actually runs from me!! lol. He's 4 now, and I guess it's not cool to be hug "aunty" anymore.

**Glad aunt flo' came to visit :)

suburbannaijamom said...

i would say enjoy his attention while u ahev it cos it will probably change once he gets accustomed to his new nanny.

kitan i almost three, yup its abt time to put another bun in d oven. how does hubby feel abt that?

as far as i am concerenrd i think three is the magic number so i am done. peopel keep asking if i am going to try for a boy. i don't think so. what is i get another set of multiple wiv girls then whot ild have a cheerleaders squad!
hubby says he is fine as we r.

i think just thinking of putting three kids thru college at the same time helps a bit

Anonymous said...

i think that it is great you are back at work. Im sure your husband and son are happier they have a more fulfilled mother. as for another child, i am sure it will come when you are ready to chill again. at the end of the day, it is a luxury we women can afford. stay blessed.

France, Italy, Spain - here we come!

Omara's Weight loss progress (started diet 17th March 2007)