Monday, March 26, 2007

Hubby in Leicester

Finally, Tunji made it up to Leicester this weekend.

My colleague HR, was getting engaged and was having a pre-wedding Indian ceremony/party. She'd got me a sari to wear, but when they started talking about henna on my hands, stuff in my hair... It was beginning to seem I was going to be the entertainment.

Plus it's still cold and I was not in the mood to be showing off my fat belly in a small Indian blouse.

Abeg!

I ended up wearing a nice skirt suit from Monsoon. Very nice actually!

We left Kitan with my sister (and his beloved cousins) on Saturday and drove up to Leicester after church on Sunday. The event was nice and it was great to have Tunji in my 'lodgings'. He met my landlady (she seemed cold) and thought the whole set up was very nice. Still, he felt really uncomfortable being in someone else's house and I kept telling him to relax.

We drove round Leicester a bit, he's mad about buildings and Architecture and always wants to see what the buildings are like whereever we go. We thought we'd go see a film. We were both tired but felt since we were on our own with no Kitan (a mini-honeymoon) we must do something. Thank God we came to our senses and went home instead, read the Sunday Times and the many supplements that came with it, chilled, chatted and then napped.

It was nice, sweet and very cosy. We've been through a lot together and the fact that he still really loves me often amazes me. I guess I do love him too.

Think Pussy Cat Dolls
-----------------------
Nobody gonna love me better
I must stick with you forever.
Nobody gonna take me higher
I must stick with you.
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you, my baby.
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you.

No comments:

France, Italy, Spain - here we come!

Omara's Weight loss progress (started diet 17th March 2007)